Thursday 14 August 2014

Controversial Quindell

The Quindell controversy probably started with Shareprophets, but everyone seem in on the act now, following the Gotham Research short note.


I am short from over 200p, but I keep adding, selling on lows, and then reshorting on highs. For this one I am using spreadex.com who have a much better range of AIM instruments than IG.


However, if you look at the chart, the volume spike on 4th August did not produce the same price drop as the previous volume spikes. I am therefore wondering if this has that much further to go.





Not to worry, I have a cash-positive stop on at all times. But I can't help thinking Tom Winnifrith's view is not shared by everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Light volume today (2.7M vs 5.7M Wednesday), so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, watch out for results coming up soon. Will change the qpp landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, not sure if you know the full story here but if you can let me have an email address for you, happy to add some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to do an update, probably over the weekend. I closed my short this morning at 170p (from 200p-ish). No position at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They are moderated and spam (links to your site) will not be published.